失败 be defeated
失败 come to nothing
失败率 failure rate
审计失败 the failure of audit
论失败 On Failure
对抗失败 Failed Confrontation
考试失败 fail the exam
关于失败 About Failure
1.(被打败) be defeated; lose (a war, etc.):
bring defeat upon oneself; court defeat;
suffer defeat after defeat;
suffer a crushing defeat;
Team A lost the first game.
2.(没有达到预定目的) fail; come to nothing:
The plan suffered a great failure.
1. Failure is never quite so frightening as regret do.
2. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
3. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.–Winston Churchill
4. An attempt by anti-abortionists to tighten the rules was defeated.
5. After the pain of defeat passes, England have some thinking to do.
6. The expedition was wrecked by bad planning and poor navigation.
7. Spectacular changes have taken place at the top since the failed putsch.
8. The first four years of government were completely disastrous.
9. Initially the government was unwilling to accept the defeat.
10. It is the easy way out to blame others for our failure.
11. Those who fail incline to blame the world for their failure.
12. His six-year transition programme has by no means been a complete failure.
13. She is untroubled by the fact that she didn't win.
14. A failure would shatter the hopes of many people.
15. His lack of experience may prove to be his undoing.
She was badly cut up when she failed.
He tried a second time only to fail again.
The government's repression of the strike failed.
A feeble attempt is liable to fail.
I tried to fix the equipment but I failed.
What if I fail!
It is inevitable that some defeat will enter even the most victorious life.
That absence contributed to a failure more dramatic than the show itself.
Outbound content conversion failures are much less common than inbound failures.