meet, encounter, confront, face, contact
1. We tend to meet up for lunch once a week.
2. The three parties will meet next month to work out remaining differences.
3. Many of Britain's beaches fail to meet minimum standards of cleanliness.
4. My understanding was that we'd meet at her place.
5. Parallel lines will never meet no matter how far extended.
6. We were not able to meet the deadline because of manufacturing delays.
7. Out of the original 23,000 applications, 16,000 candidates meet the entry requirements.
8. Let's meet in the cocktail lounge at the Hilton.
9. The Monsignor turned his gaze from the flames to meet the Colonel's.
10. He should have stuck to his guns and refused to meet her.
11. When you meet him, he is disarming as he talks about himself.
12. British manufacturing failed to meet the crisis of the 1970s.
13. They'll meet the winners of the first round tie.
14. People assume they know me through and through the moment we meet.
15. I've been invited to meet with the American Ambassador.