1. The couple married in the Caribbean to avoid a media circus.
2. Dave, the pianist, played it over a couple of times.
3. She had hoped the couple would put on a show of unity.
4. The couple had helped in the hunt for the toddlers.
5. She had written him a note a couple of weeks earlier.
6. I'm broke, Livy, and I owe a couple of million dollars.
7. The runaway car careered into a bench, hitting an elderly couple.
8. He thumbed through a couple of pages, feigning just a slight interest.
9. She even claimed the couple's daughter was possessed by the devil.
10. He placed the ball and tried a couple of feints.
11. The couple hold the unfashionable view that marriage is a sacred union.
12. A couple of inches of dry, powdery snow had fallen.
13. The giggling couple loaded up their red sports car and drove off.
14. The couple laughed off rumours that their marriage was in trouble.
15. He managed to rustle up a couple of blankets.