1. We should always bear in mind that if we are ignorant of our health for promotion, disease will gradually approach us with the help of tiredness.
2. I looked for the history book because I wanted to find out when America was founded, and at last I found the dusty book in a dim room.
3. There are so many reference books on this romantic poet for me to choose from that I can’t make up my mind which to choose.
4. It seemed that the handsome actor was not a bit worried, but in fact, he was not a little concerned about the result of the investigation, which may destroy his bright future.
5. Unluckily, the delegate felt so sleepy that he soon fell asleep without realizing that he had left his passport and the draft of his speech in the taxi.
6. It is reported that by the end of 2014, Shanghai Disney Theme Park will have been open to the tourists from all over the world formally.
7. The engineer pointed out, “to some extent, the more functions a calculator has, the more likely it is to be out of order.”
8. We haven’t contacted each other since he left the organization but fortunately I could still recognize him in a quiz show on TV without hesitation.
9. The merry aged couple got married in 1949 and up till now they have been married for 6 decades, which was admired by many young couples.
10. The young clerk expressed full of confidence that he was qualified for that demanding mission, which was beyond our expectation.
11. He was so eager for success that he consulted a successful CEO about how to succeed in regulating a joint venture company.
12. The sailor has adequate experience and he tells us his interesting experiences every time we are invited to his party. 这水手有丰富的经验，每次我们受邀去参加他的聚会，他都给我们讲他有趣的经历。
13. After scrubbing the table swiftly, the waiter brought a menu to me and suggested that I should have a try at the new meal and tell him my attitude towards it.
14. The distinguished enterprise consists of 12 departments, each of which is made up of 20 people, who graduated from top universities.
15. The president was quoted as saying that he was deeply moved by this moving film, which was based on a real story.
16. The considerate wife was very pleased with her own cooking because it tasted delicious and she was sure her husband would be fond of it.
17. The naughty boy lied that a hen which lay under the tree had laid 2 eggs; hence, his parents resolved to scold him rather than forgive him.
18. Mayor was invited to make some comments not only on what happened, including the conflict between several residents and the police, but also on what will happen, an international conference on global trade included.
19. After completing too much work imposed by my boss in a much too short time, I couldn’t bear the pressure so I asked for a two-day leave to adjust myself.
20. I used to rise very late during the summer vacation, but I am used to waking up very early because the distance between my house and the office is 20 kilometers apart.
21. Last year, my total income, with my reward added to, added up to 15,000 yuan, which was not in proportion to what I did.
22. These designers are discussing how to double the scale of the park so that more people can enter and relax themselves at weekends.
23. The retired minister who likes excursion lives alone in a mountain village, but he doesn’t feel lonely because he has made friends with his digital camera.
24. -David has made so distinct progress in English recently that he can speak English fluently now.
-So he has, and so have you. Congratulations on being enrolled in Harvard University. -最近David英语进步如此之快，他现在能流利地说英语了。
25. According to your language ability, we can recommend 3 levels of courses ranging from elementary, intermediate to advanced.
26. This respectable expert said he would rather accept a respectful student who was not temporarily successful in his study than a top student who didn’t know how to respect others.
27. The experts will take the amateur’s advice into account and then decide to adopt it or not in the automatic heating system.
28. Electronic games don’t have many effects on adults but affect students a great deal; therefore, many parents make efforts to limit their children’s playing time.
29. After seeing plenty of solid evidence, the greedy thief had no alternative but to acknowledge that it was he that stole the gold watch.
30. After the committee declares that the tickets for the concert are available to the public, many people are willing to wait in a long queue to buy one.
31. Regardless of his partner’s objection, he still determined to apply for the position of manager because he knew how to apply the commercial theory to the reality. 不顾他伙伴的反对，他仍决定申请经理这个岗位，因为他知道如何将商业理论应用到实际中去。
32. By contrast, before signing the contract, this university student didn’t contact his parents but make contact with his new colleague.
33. He was permitted to practice the piano no more than one hour a day, so he could not play any more than 10 songs.
34. A heavy fog resulted in a severe traffic jam and his being late just resulted from the traffic jam.
35. This tale is well worth reading, but it is not worthy of being translated, a foreign language researcher said. 这篇文章很值得一读，但不值得翻译，一名外语研究者如是说。
36. Not until his mother reminded him of tomorrow’s dictation contest was he aware that he had scarcely recited the words or had any vocabulary drills.
37. Everybody in the class except Li Ming thinks that the composition can get a high mark except for some spelling and grammatical mistakes.
38. On hearing the girl struck by a truck has been sent to hospital by ambulance, many people volunteered to donate blood and left the message that the driver should be arrested as soon as possible.
39. The football team got there ahead of schedule so as to get familiar with the awful weather and food as soon as possible.
40. A number of audience were present in the registration center in the morning, the number of whom was 300; nevertheless, the host had forgotten to arrange temporary accommodations.
41. No one can deny that the rise of China’s economy leads China to play a more and more important role in international affairs.
42. Since you have recovered from the heart attack, why don’t you get up and have a walk around the garden in the hospital in such a mild day?
43. There is no point in complaining about the quality of dress to the guard because he is not responsible for it.
44. All the patriotic students taking pride in the motherland will raise their hands the moment the national flag is rising.
45. Lately Peter is fascinated by Linda’s latest dramatic story which is much better than her last one, so he is always late for school these days.
46. The obvious reason why these two companies bargained with each other over the imported products is just that they both intended to benefit from these products after estimating their real value.
47. Recently, many senior high school students hoped to be independent of their parents, and in the meanwhile, more and more parents began to concentrate their attention on the generation gap.
48. So many citizens crowded into the zoo to observe how the panda gave birth to its baby that no wonder the zoo had to restrict the number of people in case any accident might occur.
49. Though the boss approved of this project, it had to be abandoned mainly because the firm was short of extra finance.
50. To make herself understood, the interpreter was busy explaining carefully the terms involved in the contract and how they accounted for the profits.
51. He meant to take the next train to the place that he had been keen on, which meant staying here another night.
52. In spite of the fact that the police had warned them of the danger in the ancient cave, these young men still made an attempt to explore it.
53. As a new advertising manager, you should adopt some means to adapt yourself to the new employees so as to make yourself popular with them.
54. Since all the examination rooms have been equipped with cameras, you had better give up the plan of cheating in the examination or you deserve the punishment when caught.
55. To our surprise, compared with the rich, even though many people devote themselves to supporting the whole family, they still can’t afford to own a house.
56. The police announced that they had arranged for a psychologist to communicate with the criminals in the hope that they could cease fire and reduce the damage.
57. The government is appealing to the citizens to use paper bags rather than the plastic ones for the sake of environmental protection.
58. In the university, the chances are that you can select your favorite course from chemistry, geology, philosophy, photography, psychology, biology, literature, physics, politics and so on.
59. Though he knew it was such an exciting football match that he couldn’t miss it, he felt too tired to insist on watching it.
60. In order to remain in existence, any insurance company must, in the long run, produce the goods that consumers consider useful and that enable them to reduce the loss.
71. He has been away from home for almost one month, so he is likely to lack food for lack of cash, his father estimated.
72. The first time they went abroad, the tourists were so curious about everything that they couldn’t help purchasing many goods, which made it difficult to control the budget.
73. The different kinds of media make it possible that we obtain a large amount of valuable information in time.
74. Many countries are reported to be taking measures to research and develop the new sort of cars so as to face the energy crisis.
75. Not until the entire river was covered with rotten fish which died from acid rain did the villagers realize how serious the pollution was.
76. The local officials admitted that it was time for the whole city to take specific action to control the quantity of the private vehicles so as to relieve the traffic burden during the rush hours.
77. He hurried to the railway station out of breath, only to be told that the train leaving for Shanghai had been away for half an hour.
78. While the class teacher put emphasis on the importance of doing homework independently his students still spent most of the time copying others’ homework.
79. After a thorough inspection, the repairman gave me a disappointing report that the reason why my car broke down was that the pipe had been damaged because of the freezing weather.
80. What was it that you talked about with the girl in blue when you were crossing the street yesterday afternoon?
81. It is kind of you to help us handle this tough problem in your spare time because it is very difficult for us to think of a means as feasible as yours.
82. As we all know, ten is twice as much as five while one hundred is nine times more than ten.
83. No matter what her parents said, the spoiled girl still had faith in whatever her thoughtful boyfriend told her about the odd jungle and wanted to take an adventure with him.
84. At last, the leader drew the conclusion that he preferred to run a risk of developing new products rather than go on producing the products that can’t meet the demands of the new market.
85. The shy waitress apologized to me for making a mistake after she charged me 100 yuan for just one tin of coke.
86. Is it convenient for you to exchange your newspaper for this newly published magazine with me so that we can share the information?
87. Child as he is, he has known that the more exposed he is to financial issues, and the younger he becomes aware of them, the more likely he is to become a responsible, forward-planning adult who can manage his finances confidently and effectively.
88. Despite the fact that many fans have waited outside the gate of the booking office, many of them will still be told that the tickets are available only to the first 100 people free of charge.
89. Because the class teacher typed too slowly and didn’t know how to input the chart into the computer, she had the important file scanned into the computer and printed out after she corrected some spelling mistakes.
90. However tremendous the difficulty we are faced with, we will have no choice but to unite and overcome it.
91. The international company intended to establish several branches in different regions, so it would employ some mechanics, engineers, carpenters, accountants, professors, secretaries, lawyers, salesmen and architects.
92. As a matter of fact, as long as you can deal with this emergency well, your leader will not mind accepting your own method.
93. All these victims have just suffered the severe earthquake, so they have a keen desire for the medicine, fresh food and pure water that the government will provide for them.
94. While you are reading the novel, there is no need for you to look up every new word in the dictionary because you can guess their meanings according to the context.
95. It suddenly occurred to him that the person who he had just chatted with was none other than the murderer who had escaped from the prison.
96. So far, any drug has more or less some side effect which will affect other organs, so scientists are making a great effort to develop new drugs to avoid the situation.
97. Nowadays, the whole world is facing the challenges of the pollution crisis, so people expect the new material that can be recycled to be invented to replace the old one.
98. Generally speaking, man’s heart beats 2.6 billion times on average throughout one’s life; hence, we ought to take care of our heart by taking exercise for about 30 minutes a day.
99. As usual, Tom gets up at 8 o’clock, drives 30 minutes on the road crowded with cars, begins his work at 9:00 and spends 10 hours in coping with various documents and goes home accompanied by the moon and stars–a typical day for a white collar!
100. I don’t mind the way in which you take advantage of others’ mistakes and weakness, and what I am concerned about is the result.