happen, occur, chance, take place
take place 多指通过人为安排的发生。
1. Remember, keep a positive attitude and good things will happen.
2. Do not wait for good things to happen to you. You need to walk towards happiness.
3. This is such an unforeseeable situation that anything could happen.
4. I go all tingly when I think of what might happen.
5. He couldn't help worrying obsessively about what would happen.
6. When events happen that shake these beliefs, our fear takes control.
7. Lucy shut her eyes so she wouldn't see it happen.
8. Deep inside the awareness was stirring that something was about to happen.
9. She wondered what would happen if her parents found her.
10. To start with, where and when did it happen?
11. "So what do you think will happen?" he asked eagerly.
12. I'm trying to cope. These things happen. You have to cope.
13. When sound travels through water, strange things can happen.
14. Stop waiting for things to happen. Make them happen.
15. A lot of the city's buildings are accidents waiting to happen.